ENJOY A VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO DEFT
Choose full (20 mins) or abbreviated (5mins) version below.
People and relationships come alive with feelings. We teach therapists how to reawaken the dormant parts of the emotional self and offer a comprehensive approach for a spectrum of psychoneurosis
• DEFT ONGOING TRAINING (online) and ON-DEMAND
• Susan Warshow’s UPCOMING BOOK: Master the Moment:
A Therapist's Handbook to Dissolve Shame & Defense
(Spring 2021, Routledge)
• SESSION RECORDING & ANALYSIS Available
• Individual and group supervision
• Susan's article, "Creating Closeness at Distance" in
DEFT INSTITUTE MISSION
Our mission is to inspire therapists personally and professionally. We impart new skills and ways to attend to ourselves so we can feel more grounded and confident while we practice. DEFT trainings, webinars and special events utilize a
mix of lecture, PPT, live session recordings, dynamic discussion, supervision and one-on-one guided role-play with script provided. All participation is optional.
Our mission is to offer the highest quality training experience within a nurturing community.:
• We advance no-shame learning and no-shame practicing.
• We share powerful principles to reach affect and re-process trauma.
• We guide therapists to direct compassion toward themselves and to transfer compassion to our clients.
• We teach specific skills that are attachment-oriented, somatic focused, and psychodynamic.
Many clients express in recorded sessions that Susan Warshow’s focused, goal oriented, actively engaged, and deeply empathic approach is profoundly transformational.
Both therapeutic partners are likely to face shame within themselves on their joint journey. This program takes a closer look at those moments when shame can cause either the client or therapist to avoid the risks necessary to spark change. Learn specific shame-sensitive interventions when addressing common self-protective strategies that block emotional intimacy.
4 Module Series (8 hours of material)
$289 (or $329 with 8 CE)
Free Intro Video and Register:
Dissolve Shame to Bypass Treatment Barriers
Shame expert, Susan Warren Warshow, creator of Dynamic Emotion Focused Therapy (DEFT), presents a video analysis of a treatment with a depressed man over a 9-month period. This is a recording of a 4-part webinar series and includes lecture, SESSION RECORDINGS & ANALYSIS, and Q&A with webinar participants.
PURCHASE LIVE SESSION RECORDINGS