ENJOY A VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO DEFT
Choose full (20 mins) or abbreviated (5mins) version below.
People and relationships come alive with feelings. We teach therapists how to reawaken the dormant parts of the emotional self and offer a comprehensive approach for a spectrum of psychoneurosis
• DEFT ONGOING TRAINING (online) and ON-DEMAND
• Susan Warshow’s upcoming book: Master the Moment:
A Therapist's Handbook to Dissolve Shame & Defense
(Spring 2021, Routledge)
• LIVE SESSION RECORDINGS available soon
• Individual and group supervision
DEFT INSTITUTE MISSION
Our mission is to inspire therapists personally and professionally. We impart new skills and ways to attend to ourselves so we can feel more grounded and confident while we practice. DEFT trainings, webinars and special events utilize a
mix of lecture, PPT, live session recordings, dynamic discussion, supervision and one-on-one guided role-play with script provided. All participation is optional.
Our mission is to offer the highest quality training experience within a nurturing community.:
• We advance no-shame learning and no-shame practicing.
• We share powerful principles to reach affect and re-process trauma.
• We guide therapists to direct compassion toward themselves and to transfer compassion to our clients.
• We teach specific skills that are attachment-oriented, somatic focused, and psychodynamic.
Many clients express in recorded sessions that Susan Warshow’s focused, goal oriented, actively engaged, and deeply empathic approach is profoundly transformational.